Posted on 2020-08-09, by Jockerss.
David Carpenter - Henry III The Rise to Power and Personal Rule, 1207-1258 (The English Monarchs)
epub | 10.15 MB | English | Author :David Carpenter; | B087X25HBY | 2020 | Yale University Press
Book Description :
The first in a ground-breaking two-volume history of Henry III's rule, from when he first assumed the crown to the moment his personal rule ended
Nine years of age when he came to the throne in 1216, Henry III had to rule within the limits set by the establishment of Magna Carta and the emergence of parliament. Pacific, conciliatory, and deeply religious, Henry brought many years of peace to England and rebuilt Westminster Abbey in honor of his patron saint, Edward the Confessor. He poured money into embellishing his palaces and creating a magnificent court. Yet this investment in "soft power" did not prevent a great revolution in 1258, led by Simon de Montfort, ending Henry's personal rule.
Eminent historian David Carpenter brings to life Henry's character and reign as never before. Using source material of unparalleled richness-material that makes it possible to get closer to Henry than any other medieval monarch-Carpenter stresses the king's achievements as well as his failures while offering an entirely new perspective on the intimate connections between medieval politics and religion.
Category : | Royalty Biographies, Biographies of Royalty, History of Medieval Europe
Download link Here
Rapidgator | | Alfafile
Thanks for downloading David Carpenter - Henry III The Rise to Power and Personal Rule, 1207-1258 (The English Monarchs) :
- Ebooks list page : 44281
- 2020-11-24Rebellion Against Henry III: The Disinherited Montfortians, 1265-1274
- 2019-07-08&(Awesome) - Why You Should Read The Death of Democracy: Hitler\\\'s Rise to Power and the Downfall of the Weimar Republic by Benjamin Carter Hett Online or Download [PDF - EPUB - MOBI] - Removed
- 2018-12-04Beautiful Country Burn Again Trump's Rise to Power, and the State of the Country that Voted for Him
- 2010-05-20The Federal Reserve's Unlikely Rise to Power and Influence
- 2010-05-05The Fourth Branch: The Federal Reserve's Unlikely Rise to Power and Influence
- 2017-03-11Penal Power and Colonial Rule
- 2020-04-25The Rise of Thomas Cromwell: Power and Politics in the Reign of Henry VIII, 1485-1534
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Rise of Thomas Cromwell: Power and Politics in the Reign of Henry VIII, 1485-1534
- 2017-01-16[PDF] The Rise of Thomas Cromwell: Power and Politics in the Reign of Henry VIII, 1485-1534
- 2012-06-09Sexual Power and Infuence - Removed
- 2011-09-22The Rise of Games and High Performance Computing for Modeling and Simulation
- 2011-06-08Toward a Science of Consciousness III: The Third Tucson Discussions and Debates (Complex Adaptive Systems)
- 2021-03-12China's Rise to Power in the Global Order: Grand Strategic Implications - Removed
- 2020-12-25MBS The Rise to Power of Mohammed bin Salman
- 2020-12-23Prelude to World War III The Rise of the Islamic Republic and the Rebirth of America [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-23A Kim Jong-Il Production: The Extraordinary True Story of a Kidnapped Filmmaker, His Star Actress, and a Young Dictator's Rise to Power
- 2020-05-04Mbs The Rise To Power Of Mohammed Bin Salman By Ben Hubbard
- 2020-03-18MBS: The Rise to Power of Mohammed bin Salman
- 2019-07-08#(Best) - Why You Should Read 1932: The Rise of Hitler and Fdr--Two Tales of Politics, Betrayal, and Unlikely Destiny by David Pietrusza Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.