Date: July 2013
Publisher: Oâ€™Reilly Media
Posted on 2014-05-12, by ecabuk.
Written by renowned data science experts Foster Provost and Tom Fawcett, Data Science for Business introduces the fundamental principles of data science, and walks you through the â€œdata-analytic thinkingâ€ necessary for extracting useful knowledge and business value from the data you collect. This guide also helps you understand the many data-mining techniques in use today.
Based on an MBA course Provost has taught at New York University over the past ten years, Data Science for Business provides examples of real-world business problems to illustrate these principles. Youâ€™ll not only learn how to improve communication between business stakeholders and data scientists, but also how participate intelligently in your companyâ€™s data science projects. Youâ€™ll also discover how to think data-analytically, and fully appreciate how data science methods can support business decision-making.
- Understand how data science fits in your organizationâ€”and how you can use it for competitive advantage
- Treat data as a business asset that requires careful investment if youâ€™re to gain real value
- Approach business problems data-analytically, using the data-mining process to gather good data in the most appropriate way
- Learn general concepts for actually extracting knowledge from data
- Apply data science principles when interviewing data science job candidates
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction: Data-Analytic Thinking
Chapter 2. Business Problems and Data Science Solutions
Chapter 3. Introduction to Predictive Modeling: From Correlation to Supervised Segmentation
Chapter 4. Fitting a Model to Data
Chapter 5. Overfitting and Its Avoidance
Chapter 6. Similarity, Neighbors, and Clusters
Chapter 7. Decision Analytic Thinking I: What Is a Good Model?
Chapter 8. Visualizing Model Performance
Chapter 9. Evidence and Probabilities
Chapter 10. Representing and Mining Text
Chapter 11. Decision Analytic Thinking II: Toward Analytical Engineering
Chapter 12. Other Data Science Tasks and Techniques
Chapter 13. Data Science and Business Strategy
Chapter 14. Conclusion
Appendix A. Proposal Review Guide
Appendix B. Another Sample Proposal
- Ebooks list page : 26824
- 2020-06-17Data Science for Business and Decision Making
- 2020-05-28Data Science for Business 6 Real-world Case Studies
- 2020-05-22Data Science for Business and Decision Making
- 2020-01-09Big Data: A Beginner's Guide To Using Data Science For Business (Transforming Information, Deep Learning, Boost Profits, Business Intelligence)
- 2019-10-28Data Science for Business: What You Need to Know about Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking
- 2019-03-16SKILLSHARE DATA SCIENCE FOR BUSINESS COMPLETE GUIDE-iLLiTERATE
- 2019-03-11Skillshare - Data Science For Business Complete Guide
- 2019-02-13skillshare - DATA SCIENCE FOR BUSINESS COMPLETE GUIDE-iLLiTERATE
- 2018-11-06Data Science for Business: What You Need to Know about Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Data Science for Business: What you need to know about data mining and data-analytic thinking
- 2017-09-18Data Science for Business Data Analytics Guide with Strategies and Techniques
- 2017-09-18Big Data A Beginner's Guide To Using Data Science For Business
- 2014-06-17Data Science for Business: What you need to know about data mining and data-analytic thinking [Repost]
- 2013-12-23Data Science for Business
- 2013-12-02Data Science for Business - eazydoc.com
- 2013-10-12Data Science for Business: What you need to know about data mining and data-analytic thinking (PDF EPUB)
- 2013-09-28Data Science for Business: What you need to know about data mining and data-analytic thinking
- 2013-09-27Foster Provost, Tom Fawcett, Data Science for Business - What you need to know about data mining and data-analytic thinking
- 2013-09-21Data Science for Business: What you need to know about data mining and data-analytic thinking
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.