Posted on 2012-03-05, by kashani90.
Daily Life In The Roman City Rome, Pompeii, and OstiaHi Dears! If You Want download Daily Life In The Roman City Rome, Pompeii, and Ostia after clicking On Download Link(In Code Section), Please Wait For 5-8 Second. Then You Can Click On Skip Ads! Button.
Daily Life In The Roman City Rome, Pompeii, and Ostia
Author: Gregory S. Aldrete
Year Published: 2004
Publisher: Greenwood Publishing Group
Format: PDF 296 pages
ISBN: 031333174X (0-313-33174-X)
ISBN 13: 9780313331749 (978-0-313-33174-9)
Despite the fact that the majority of the inhabitants of the Roman Empire lived an agricultural existence and thus resided outside of urban centers, there is no denying the fact that the core of Roman civilization--its essential culture and politics--was based in cities. Even at the furthest boundaries of the Empire, Roman cities shared a remarkable and consistent similarity in terms of architecture, art, infrastructure, and organization which was modeled after the greatest city of all, Rome itself. In Gregory Aldrete's exhaustive account, readers will have the opportunity to peer into the inner workings of daily life in ancient Rome, to witness the full range of glory, cruelty, sophistication, and deprivation that characterized Roman cities, and will perhaps even gain new insight into the nature and history of urban existence in America today. Included are accounts of Rome's history, infrastructure, government, and inhabitants, as well as chapters on life and death, the dangers and pleasures of urban living, entertainment, religion, the emperors, and the economy. Additional sections explore two other important Roman cities: Ostia, an industrial port town, and Pompeii, the doomed playground of the rich.
This volume is ideal for high school and college students, as well as for anyone interested in examining the realities of life in ancient Rome. A chronology of the time period, maps, illustrations, a bibliography, and an index are also included.
FileSize 24.41 MB
- Ebooks list page : 17741
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Daily Life in the Roman City: Rome, Pompeii, and Ostia
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Daily Life in the Roman City: Rome, Pompeii, and Ostia
- 2014-01-08Daily Life in the Roman City: Rome, Pompeii, and Ostia
- 2011-09-24Daily Life in the Roman City: Rome, Pompeii, and Ostia free ebook download
- 2010-05-01Daily Life in the Roman City: Rome, Pompeii, and Ostia (The Greenwood Daily Life Through History Series)
- 2014-06-05The Journey of Theophanes: Travel, Business, and Daily Life in the Roman East (Repost) - Removed
- 2011-08-11The Journey of Theophanes: Travel, Business, and Daily Life in the Roman East - Removed
- 2011-05-28The Journey of Theophanes: Travel, Business, and Daily Life in the Roman East - Removed
- 2011-05-01The Journey of Theophanes: Travel, Business, and Daily Life in the Roman East - Removed
- 2020-11-20Mindfulness: Navigate daily life using the New Science of Health and Happiness [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-16The Rome Plague Diaries: Lockdown Life in the Eternal City
- 2020-12-26The Daily Life of a Roman Family in the Ancient Times
- 2020-12-15The Roman City and its Periphery From Rome to Gaul
- 2010-11-22Daily Life Ornamented: The Medieval Persian City of Rayy (Repost)
- 2009-08-07L. de Blois, P. Funke, J. Hahn - The Impact of Imperial Rome on Religions, Ritual and Religious Life in the Roman Empire
- 2008-05-29Daily Life Ornamented: The Medieval Persian City of Rayy
- 2021-01-10Hidden Lives, Public Personae Women and Civic Life in the Roman West
- 2020-12-08Daily Life in the Colonial South
- 2020-11-05Daily Life in the Colonial South
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.