Posted on 2011-10-26. By anonymous.
Publisher: Gower | ISBN 10: 1409404129 | 2011 | PDF | 342 pages | 4.5 MB
Many of the concepts, values and basic assumptions on which 'modern' economic and business theory is based do not translate into or convey the same meaning in non-European languages or non-Western cultures as they do in Western societies. This results in a mismatch between what have now become global economic values and 'local' cultural ones. Kensei Hiwaki considers a new paradigm - that a sound culture is needed to underpin development, employment and trade, and an optimal development path. This concept is discussed against the background of the author's contention that his own Japanese society has succumbed to unsustainable modern tendencies leading to the antithesis of sustainable development and placing the society and economy in a 'credibility trap' into which it is predicted other countries, like China, might also fall. Professor Hiwaki presents a detailed theoretical framework for balanced socioeconomic development relevant to sustainable development of the global community, explaining the pivotal concepts on which it is based, as well as the institutional and practical implications of adopting the paradigm, including new approaches to taxation, employment, trade, multi-media communications, and global governance. "Culture and Economics in the Global Community" is a challenging but ultimately hopeful book that introduces new perspectives for leaders in the political arena, in business, in development agencies, and to researchers and others with a professional or academic interest in economics, trade, governance and environmental issues, social policy or cultural anthropology.
- Ebooks list page : 14760
- 2011-11-08Culture and Economics in the Global Community (Transformation and Innovation) - Removed
- 2011-11-01Kensei Hiwaki, "Culture and Economics in the Global Community (Transformation and Innovation)"
- 2013-04-27Culture and Economics in the Global Community: A Framework for Socioeconomic Development
- 2013-04-25Culture and Economics in the Global Community: A Framework for Socioeconomic Development [Repost]
- 2020-04-04The Economics of the Global Defence Industry (Routledge Studies in Defence and Peace Economics) - Removed
- 2011-08-14Sovereignty and the Global Community: The Quest for Order in the International System (Global Interdisciplinary Studies Series)
- 2011-05-04The Rights of Strangers - Theories of International Hospitality the Global Community and Political Justice Since Vitoria
- 2011-03-11The Rights of Strangers: Theories of International Hospitality, the Global Community, and Political Justice Since Vitoria
- 2010-07-04Catharina Raudvere, Leif Stenberg - Sufism Today: Heritage and Tradition in the Global Community - Removed
- 2021-08-04Routledge African Studies African Culture And Global Politics Language Philosophies And Expressive Culture In Africa And The Diaspora
- 2021-07-30The Making of the Global Yijing in the Modern World Cross-cultural Interpretations and Interactions (Chinese Culture, 4) - Removed
- 2021-07-28Digitalization, Digital Transformation and Sustainability in the Global Economy Risks and Opportunities - Removed
- 2021-04-23Popular Culture and the Transformation of Japan-Korea Relations
- 2021-04-15Popular Culture and the Transformation of Japan-Korea Relations
- 2021-03-02The Global Diamond Industry: Economics and Development Volume II - Removed
- 2021-02-11The Global Diamond Industry: Economics and Development Volume II - Removed
- 2021-01-20The Global Code How a New Culture of Universal Values Is Transforming Business and Marketing
- 2021-01-17The Global Diamond Industry Economics and Development Volume II
- 2021-01-03International Business and Information Technology Interaction and Transformation in the Global Econo...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.