Posted on 2013-06-17. By anonymous.
English | ISBN 10: 085403854X | 2010 | PDF | 155 pages | 8,4 MB
Evolutionary approaches to cultural change are increasingly influential, and many scientists believe that a â€˜grand synthesisâ€™ is now in sight (e.g. Mesoudi, Whiten & Laland 2006).
At the â€˜microevolutionaryâ€™ scale, modern theories of cultural evolution recognize that cultural traditions and innovations are socially transmitted person-to-person between and within generations (respectively, by vertical or oblique and by horizontal transmission routes; Cavalli-Sforza & Feldman 1981), with learners applying generalized rules of thumb in choosing when to engage in independent trial-and-error learning, and in selecting whose example to copy when this is the preferred strategy (transmission biases; Boyd & Richerson 1985). Preservation of a historical signal within the cultural traditions carried by populations depends on traits being consistently selected and replicated, often with some degree of modification, ensuring that they survive from one generation to the next.
Cultural â€˜macroevolutionâ€™ refers to the historical processes that explain cultural similarities and differences between human populations arising from such repeated copying with modification (Mulder et al. 2006). Mesoudi et al. (2006), who propose a multidisciplinary framework for the Darwinian analysis of cultural dynamics, draw an explicit parallel between evolutionary archaeology, cultural anthropology and comparative anthropology (among the cultural sciences), and the macroevolutionary disciplines in biology (respectively, palaeobiology, biogeography and systematics). Historical linguistics should certainly be added to the list of cultural disciplines with a macroevolutionary focus.
- Ebooks list page : 22507
- 2013-08-01Cultural and Linguistic Diversity: Evolutionary Approaches
- 2013-07-30Cultural and Linguistic Diversity: Evolutionary Approaches
- 2011-05-28Cultural and Linguistic Diversity: Evolutionary Approaches
- 2010-11-12Cultural and Linguistic Diversity: Evolutionary Approaches
- 2009-11-20Language Disabilities in Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (Bilingual Education and Bilingualism) - Removed
- 2009-07-22Multiobjective Optimization: Interactive and Evolutionary Approaches (repost)
- 2021-09-10Public Commissions on Cultural and Religious Diversity National Narratives, Multiple Identities and Minorities
- 2021-09-09Public Commissions on Cultural and Religious Diversity
- 2021-04-25Folk Stories and Personal Narratives in Palestinian Spoken Arabic: A Cultural and Linguistic Study - Removed
- 2021-04-14Folk Stories and Personal Narratives in Palestinian Spoken Arabic: A Cultural and Linguistic Study - Removed
- 2021-04-10Folk Stories and Personal Narratives in Palestinian Spoken Arabic: A Cultural and Linguistic Study - Removed
- 2018-11-20Cultural and Linguistic Minorities in the Russian Federation and the European Union Comparative Stud...
- 2018-07-20Brexit, Language Policy and Linguistic Diversity
- 2017-11-18[PDF] From Hellenism to Islam: Cultural and Linguistic Change in the Roman Near East
- 2017-10-30Popular Culture, Voice and Linguistic Diversity: Young Adults On- and Offline (Language and Globalization)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Rara & Rarissima: Documenting the Fringes of Linguistic Diversity (Empirical Approaches to Language Typology [Ealt])
- 2014-06-13Visual Control of Wheeled Mobile Robots: Unifying Vision and Control in Generic Approaches [Repost] - Removed
- 2014-06-11Vicarious Language: Gender and Linguistic Modernity in Japan [Repost]
- 2014-04-17Advanced Disassembly Planning: Flexible, Price-Quantity Dependent, and Multi-Period Planning Approaches (repost) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.