[share_ebook] Crime and Punishment in Islamic Law: Theory and Practice from the Sixteenth to the Twenty-First Century
Author: Rudolph Peters
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Posted on 2008-03-07, updated at 2018-08-13, by Revelation.
- Author: Rudolph Peters
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publish Date: 2005
- ISBN: 0521792266
- Pages: 235
Rudolph Peters' book is about crimes and their punishments as laid down in Islamic law. In recent years some of the more fundamentalist regimes, such as those of Iran, Pakistan, Sudan and the northern states of Nigeria have reintroduced Islamic law in place of western criminal codes. Peters gives a detailed account of the classical doctrine and traces the enforcement of criminal law from the Ottoman period to the present day. The accounts of actual cases which range from theft, banditry, murder, fornication and apostasy shed light on the complexities of the law, and the sensitivity and perspicacity of the qadis who implemented it. This is the first single-authored account of both the theory and practice of Islamic criminal law. It will be invaluable for students, and scholars in the field, as well as for professionals looking for comprehensive coverage of the topic.
- Ebooks list page : 1605
- 2018-06-25Water, Crime and Security in the Twenty-First Century Too Dirty, Too Little, Too Much
- 2018-06-08Water, Crime and Security in the Twenty-First Century Too Dirty, Too Little, Too Much - Removed
- 2018-06-07Water, Crime and Security in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Electronic Marketing: Theory and Practice for the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Electronic Marketing: Theory and Practice for the Twenty-First Century
- 2020-01-03After Lacan: Literature, Theory and Psychoanalysis in the Twenty-First Century (After Series)
- 2021-04-23Falsehood and Fallacy: How to Think, Read, and Write in the Twenty First Century
- 2021-04-23Race and Displacement: Nation, Migration, and Identity in the Twenty First Century
- 2020-11-23Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty First Century: The Hierarchy of Energy [MOBI]
- 2020-05-11The Return of History: Conflict, Migration, and Geopolitics in the Twenty-First Century (CBC Massey Lectures)
- 2020-04-29The Post-Racial Mystique: Media and Race in the Twenty-First Century (Critical Cultural Communication)
- 2019-12-28Democracy and Growth in the Twenty-first Century: The Diverging Cases of China and Italy
- 2019-11-27The Transition from Graduation to Work: Challenges and Strategies in the Twenty-First Century Asia Pacific and Beyond (Work, Organization, and Employment)
- 2019-11-23Child Development and Education in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-07-21The Death of Web 2.0 : Ethics, Connectivity and Recognition in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-05-21Democracy and Growth in the Twenty-first Century: The Diverging Cases of China and Italy
- 2019-01-31Learning and Teaching for the Twenty-First Century Festschrift for Professor Phillip Hughes - Removed
- 2019-01-25The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-15Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty-First Century The Hierarchy of Energy
- 2019-01-14Learning and Teaching for the Twenty-First Century Festschrift for Professor Phillip Hughes
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.