Creatures in the Mist Little People, Wild Men and Spirit Beings around the World, A Study in Comp...
Posted on 2019-06-28, by voska89.
Gary R. Varner, "Creatures in the Mist: Little People, Wild Men and Spirit Beings around the World, A Study in Comparative Mythology "
English | ISBN: 0875865461 | 2007 | 224 pages | PDF | 3 MB
Bringing together a medley of stories, myths, and folklore Gary Varner shares a fascination and respect for humankind's early and contemporary cultures and wonders at similarities across the board. Here, he focuses on "Little People" and giants, animals and were-creatures, and the odd, helpful or threatening ways imputed to our earthly companions including dogs and cats, bats and spiders, and the stories people have told each other about them since time immemorial. Gary Varner has performed a valuable service in these books. [Presenting] lore from about the world, a collector's hoard of traditions rich and strange, ... Varner shows there really are obvious and puzzling similarities between widely separated cultures. Gary Varner has pointed the way to some important cross-cultural readings in the ageless themes of stone and water. - Jeremy Harte, Curator of the Bourne Hall Museum, Surrey, England, in Northern Earth magazine, #103, 2005 Menhirs, Dolmen and Circles of Stone is an excellent guide to large-scale magical stones and stone magic. This book is a must for anyone interested in megalithic sites. Most highly recommended. -PanGaia Magazine, United States As with other books by the same author, this is a book based upon broad research into the subject, stretching across the world. What results is a fascinating weave of stories and images, descriptions of sites and associated tales, that leaves a sense of a thousand deities whispering in the air. Because it is so broad a sweep, the positive outcome is an overreaching perspective of the patterns and commonalities held between human communities - our ancestors - all around the world. The book is a sound overview and provocation to research more deeply ourselves, to find alternative visions, tales and interpretations, to find out more about the sacred currents, their depths and importance - both to our ancestors and to ourselves. The author's notations are comprehensive, allowing us easily to follow the clues. A valuable piece of work. -The Druid Network, England * Gary R. Varner is a lecturer and writer on folklore and early religions. He is author of several popular books comparing legends and beliefs around the world, including The Mythic Forest, the Green Man & the Spirit of Nature (Algora 2006); Menhirs, Dolmen and Circles of Stone: The Folklore and Magic of Sacred Stone (Algora 2005); and Sacred Wells: A Study in the History, Meaning, and Mythology of Holy Wells. His approach incorporates details from ancient cultures and from Native American, UK and European, Asian, South Pacific and African folklore. Varner is a member of the American Folklore Society.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40733
- 2012-03-25The World's Warships 1941
- 2012-03-20Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist By Charles Rosen - Removed
- 2012-03-14The World of Pompeii (Routledge Worlds)
- 2012-02-23The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2012-01-12Beyond Twilight: Explore The World Of Vampires
- 2012-01-05One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2012-01-01One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2011-12-29The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2011-11-08The World's Best Piano Arrangements
- 2009-12-21101 Ways Youth Can Change the World
- 2021-06-11Little People Big World S22E05 The Reason for the Madness 720p HEVC x265
- 2021-06-08Little People Big World S22E05 The Reason for the Madness 720p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- 2021-05-12You're Dad: A Little Book for Fathers (And the People Who Love Them) - Removed
- 2020-11-20Cowboys, Mountain Men, and Grizzly Bears: Fifty of the Grittiest Moments in the History of the Wild West [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-20Little People Big World S21E04 The Roloff Quaranteam 720p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- 2020-10-06Little People Big World S21E02 Boxing Up the Past 720p HEVC x265-MeGusta
- 2020-09-13A People's History of the Supreme Court: The Men and Women Whose Cases and Decisions Have Shaped Our Constitution [Audiobook]
- 2020-04-11Little People Big World S20E02 If the Ring Fits XviD-AFG
- 2020-04-11You're Mom: A Little Book for Mothers (And the People Who Love Them)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.