Posted on 2020-10-07, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 1478009985,1478011017 | 306 pages | EPUB | October 2, 2020 | 32 Mb
In the early 1970s, a group of Colombian intellectuals led by the pioneering sociologist Orlando Fals Borda created a research-activist collective called La Rosca de Investigación y Acción Social (Circle of Research and Social Action). Combining sociological and historical research with a firm commitment to grassroots social movements, Fals Borda and his colleagues collaborated with indigenous and peasant organizations throughout Colombia. In Cowards Don't Make History Joanne Rappaport examines the development of participatory action research on the Caribbean coast, highlighting Fals Borda's rejection of traditional positivist research frameworks in favor of sharing his own authority as a researcher with peasant activists. Fals Borda and his colleagues inserted themselves as researcher-activists into the activities of the National Association of Peasant Users, coordinated research priorities with its leaders, studied the history of peasant struggles, and, in collaboration with peasant researchers, prepared accessible materials for an organizational readership, thereby transforming research into a political organizing tool. Rappaport shows how the fundamental concepts of participatory action research as they were framed by Fals Borda continue to be relevant to engaged social scientists and other researchers in Latin America and beyond.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44760
- 2011-06-16Action and Knowledge: Breaking the Monopoly With Participatory Action-Research
- 2012-01-13Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes - Dixie Cash
- 2011-12-09Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes - Dixie Cash
- 2011-12-08Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes - Dixie Cash
- 2011-03-30Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes
- 2009-11-03Dixie Cash - Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes
- 2020-10-28A History of Magic, Witchcraft, and the Occult [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-22The Cambridge Ancient History, Volume 8: Rome and the Mediterranean to 133 BC Ed 2
- 2020-08-16Reader's Digest Homemade - 707 Products to Make Yourself to Save Money and the Earth
- 2020-07-24A Brief History of Creation: Science and the Search for the Origin of Life
- 2020-07-01You Can't Make This Up: Miracles, Memories, and the Perfect Marriage of Sports and Television
- 2020-05-19History as a Science and the System of the Sciences: Phenomenological Investigations (Contributions to Phenomenology)
- 2020-04-22Mixed Fortunes: An Economic History of China, Russia, and the West
- 2020-02-19The Making of Indigeneity, Curriculum History, and the Limits of Diversity (Routledge Research in Educational Equality and Diversity)
- 2020-02-11Get Well Soon: History's Worst Plagues and the Heroes Who Fought Them
- 2020-01-17Walking the Old Road: A People's History of Chippewa City and the Grand Marais Anishinaabe
- 2020-01-09Walking the Old Road: A People's History of Chippewa City and the Grand Marais Anishinaabe
- 2019-12-13Chlorine Revolution, The The History of Water Disinfection and the Fight to Save Lives
- 2019-11-15The House Party: A Short History of Leisure, Pleasure and the Country House Weekend
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.