Posted on 2019-12-23, by books_lover.
A groundbreaking synthesis of climate change adaptation strategies for small island states, globally A wide ranging, comprehensive, and multi-disciplinary study, this is the first book that focuses on the challenges posed by climate change impacts on the Small Island Developing States (SIDS). While most of the current literature on the subject deals with specific regions, this book analyses the impacts of climate change across the Caribbean, the Pacific Ocean, and the African and Indian Ocean regions in order to identify and tackle the real issues faced by all the small island States. As the global effects of climate change become increasingly evident and urgent, it is clear that the impact on small islands is going to be particularly severe. These island countries are especially vulnerable to rising sea levels, hurricanes and cyclones, frequent droughts, and the disruption of agriculture, fisheries and vital ecosystems. On many small islands, the migration of vulnerable communities
- Ebooks list page : 42206
- 2019-12-18Endangered and Transformative Childhood in Caribbean Small Island Developing States (Studies in Childhood and Youth)
- 2019-12-06Urban Climate Change Adaptation in Developing Countries: Policies, Projects, and Scenarios
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2012-01-12Informing an Effective Response to Climate Change
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2011-12-11Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-12-07Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-11-04Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change
- 2011-10-14Food Security and Climate Change in the Pacific: Rethinking the Options
- 2011-08-31Advancing the Science of Climate Change
- 2011-08-17Advancing the Science of Climate Change (National Research Council)
- 2011-08-07Adapting to the Impacts of Climate Change
- 2020-08-07Innovation in Climate Change Adaptation (Climate Change Management)
- 2020-03-04Managing Climate Change Adaptation in the Pacific Region (Climate Change Management)
- 2019-11-22Risk Evaluation And Climate Change Adaptation Of Civil Engineering Infrastructures And Buildings: Project RI-ADAPTCLIM
- 2019-03-23Climate Change Adaptation in Practice From Strategy Development to Implementation
- 2019-01-15Climate Change Adaptation in Eastern Europe Managing Risks and Building Resilience to Climate Change
- 2019-01-07Climate Change Adaptation in Eastern Europe Managing Risks and Building Resilience to Climate Change
- 2018-11-23Status of Climate Change Adaptation in Asia and the Pacific
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.