Climate Change Adaptation in Eastern Europe Managing Risks and Building Resilience to Climate Change
Posted on 2019-01-15, by nokia241186.
Walter Leal Filho, Goran Trbic, "Climate Change Adaptation in Eastern Europe: Managing Risks and Building Resilience to Climate Change"
2019 | ISBN-10: 3030033821 | 393 pages | PDF, EPUB | 100 MB
This book focuses on managing risks and building resilience to climate change, showcasing experiences from research, field projects and best practices to foster climate change adaptation in Eastern Europe that can be implemented elsewhere. Climate change affects countries in Eastern Europe, i.e. the Western Balkans and Southeast Europe in a variety of ways. Apart from severe floods, there are reports of decreasing water reserves in the southern regions, and of gradual changes in biodiversity and agricultural production. In the South Caucasus area, for instance, climate change models project a decline in precipitation and suggest that it will continue to become drier this century. Many Eastern European countries, especially the non-EU ones, have weak national climate policies, and transboundary collaborations, as well as limited public engagement in matters related to climate change. As a result, climate change poses a serious threat to their economic stability and development and to the sustainable development of the region. The above state of affairs illustrates the need for a better understanding of how climate change influences Eastern Europe, and for the identification of processes, methods and tools that may help the countries and the communities in the region to adapt. There is also a perceived need to showcase successful examples of how to cope with the social, economic and political problems posed by floods/droughts in the region, especially ways of increasing the resilience of agriculture systems and of communities. Addressing this need, the book presents papers written by scholars, social practitioners and members of government agencies involved in research and/or climate change projects in Eastern Europe.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38731
- 2019-01-07Climate Change Adaptation in Eastern Europe Managing Risks and Building Resilience to Climate Change
- 2012-06-04Military Aircraft of Eastern Europe (2): Bombers and Attack Aircraft (Concord #1035)
- 2020-06-06Managing Stress and Building Resilience While Job Hunting
- 2012-06-04Military Aircraft of Eastern Europe (1): Fighters & Interceptors (Concord #1028)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Succeeding in Business in Central and Eastern Europe (Managing Cultural Differences)
- 2011-11-04Critical Management Research in Eastern Europe: Managing the Transition
- 2011-10-08Critical Management Research in Eastern Europe: Managing the Transition
- 2010-09-18Revolution and Change in Central and Eastern Europe: Political, Economic, and Social Challenges (Repost)
- 2009-04-22Revolution and Change in Central and Eastern Europe: Political, Economic, and Social Challenges
- 2021-02-23Post Socialist Peasant?: Rural and Urban Constructions of Identity in Eastern Europe, East Africa and the Former Soviet Union - Removed
- 2021-02-08Post Socialist Peasant?: Rural and Urban Constructions of Identity in Eastern Europe, East Africa and the Former Soviet Union - Removed
- 2021-01-13Post-Socialist Peasant Rural and Urban Constructions of Identity in Eastern Europe, East Africa and ...
- 2021-01-12Post Socialist Peasant?: Rural and Urban Constructions of Identity in Eastern Europe, East Africa and the Former Soviet Union
- 2020-06-14RIoT Control: Understanding and Managing Risks and the Internet of Things
- 2020-05-18Religious and Sexual Nationalisms in Central and Eastern Europe: Gods, Gays and Governments (Religion and the Social Order)
- 2019-12-29University Writing in Central and Eastern Europe: Tradition, Transition, and Innovation (Multilingual Education) - Removed
- 2019-12-18Party Leaders in Eastern Europe: Personality, Behavior and Consequences (Palgrave Studies in Political Psychology)
- 2019-01-31Pesticides Managing Risks and Optimizing Benefits
- 2019-01-26Romantic Nationalism in Eastern Europe: Russian, Polish, and Ukrainian Political Imaginations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.