Posted on 2020-11-20, by nokia241186.
English | August 6th, 2020 | ISBN: 1847925553, 1784709700 | 288 pages | EPUB | 1.14 MB
Introducing the new science of skin and a more natural approach to being clean: Our skin plays an essential role in our health. But our understanding of what skin is and how it works is changing. Much of what we think of as cleanliness and skincare might actually be harming it. In Clean specialist in preventive medicine Dr James Hamblin draws on the latest science to offer an exciting new perspective: on our bodies, our health and our relationship with the natural world.
'You'll never think about your largest organ the same way again' David Epstein, author of Range
'A thought-provoking and deeply-researched investigation' Bianca Booker, author of Cork Dork
We treat our skin as a surface to be kept clean and clear, requiring daily application of soap, moisturisers and many other products. But while hygiene - and hand-washing especially - is essential to prevent the spread of disease, this attitude to skincare might actually be damaging our health.
In fact, our skin is a complex and diverse ecosystem, playing host to trillions of bacteria that are integral to our immune system. By removing them with soap, we potentially compromise the protection they afford. Not only is our overuse of soap and skincare products harming the environment, it is likely to be exacerbating or even causing many of the skin conditions we seek to remedy or avoid, and increasing our vulnerability to allergies.
In Clean, specialist in preventive medicine James Hamblin shows that this is a relatively recent development, and a healthier, simpler way is available. An irreverent and entertaining journey through our complex relationship with our bodies and cleanliness arrives at a new and scientific conception of skincare that is now taking hold: the cultivation of a healthy biome and a natural approach to being clean.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 45306
- 2020-11-18Clean: The New Science of Skin - Removed
- 2020-09-13Clean: The New Science of Skin [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-18Clean: The New Science of Skin - Removed
- 2021-02-24Make Your Move: The New Science of Dating and Why Women Are in Charge [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-20Make Your Move: The New Science of Dating and Why Women Are in Charge
- 2021-01-14Spark The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain, 2021 Edition [Audiobook]
- 2020-12-31Nerve Poise Under Pressure, Serenity Under Stress, and the Brave New Science of Fear and Cool
- 2020-12-22Drink The New Science of Alcohol and Health, US Edition
- 2020-11-20Mindfulness: Navigate daily life using the New Science of Health and Happiness [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-28TIME Mindfulness: The New Science of Health and Happiness
- 2020-06-27The Mind at Night The New Science of How and Why We Dream
- 2020-06-27The Book of Why The New Science of Cause and Effect [True ]
- 2020-05-25Drink The New Science of Alcohol and Your Health [Audiobook]
- 2020-05-13Neurodharma - New Science, Ancient Wisdom, and Seven Practices of the Highest Ha - Removed
- 2020-05-03Gender Medicine: The Groundbreaking New Science of Gender- and Sex-Related Diagnosis and Treatment
- 2019-08-13Am I Dreaming?: The New Science of Consciousness and How Altered States Reboot the Brain
- 2019-07-18^&(Valuable) - Why You Should Read The Book of Why: The New Science of Cause and Effect by Judea Pearl Online or Download [`PDF `EPUB `MOBI]
- 2019-03-26Investment Guarantees The New Science of Modeling and Risk Management for Equity-Linked Life Insu
- 2019-03-20Investment Guarantees The New Science of Modeling and Risk Management for Equity-Linked Life Insu
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.