Posted on 2020-08-10, by books_lover.
Since the Arab Spring, militaries have received renewed attention regarding their intervention into politics of Middle Eastern and South Asian states. This book examines the factors which influence military intervention and withdrawal from politics—namely, United States and Soviet/Russian economic and military aid—and how this affects democratic transitions and consolidation. The militaries of Algeria, Egypt, Pakistan, and Turkey, have used nationalism to justify their interventions into politics while ensuring that withdrawal would only occur if national identity were protected. This book examines important states in the Islamic World which have experienced similar historical trajectories, briefly experimented with democracy, and had the military become a dominant institution in the state. All four countries differ in their levels of ethnic conflict, importance placed on the country by the international community, and internal security concerns. The common result of international infl
- Ebooks list page : 44283
- 2011-11-29Architecture Education in the Islamic World
- 2011-08-24Architecture Education in the Islamic World
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Military Responses to the Arab Uprisings and the Future of Civil-Military Relations in the Middle East: Analysis from Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, and Syria - Removed
- 2010-06-29Privilege vs. Equality: Civil-Military Relations in the Jacksonian Era, 1815-1845
- 2010-06-28Civil-Military Relations during the War of 1812 (In War and in Peace: U.S. Civil-Military Relations)
- 2009-12-28Manifest Ambition: James K. Polk and Civil-Military Relations during the Mexican War
- 2009-10-27Orrin Schwab - A Clash of Cultures: Civil-Military Relations during the Vietnam War
- 2009-10-05Charles A. Byler - Civil-Military Relations on the Frontier and Beyond, 1865-1917
- 2010-01-02Toward the National Security State: Civil-Military Relations during World War II
- 2009-12-30The Great War and America: Civil-Military Relations during World War I (In War and in Peace: U.S. Civil-Military Relations)
- 2009-01-18Toward the National Security State: Civil-Military Relations during World War II (In War and in Peace: U.S. Civil-Military Rela
- 2018-06-04The Soldier and the State The Theory and Politics of Civil-Military Relations [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-13The Soldier and the State: The Theory and Politics of Civil-Military Relations [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Guarding the Guardians: Civil-Military Relations and Democratic Governance in Africa
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Civil-Military Relations (Routledge Handbooks)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] The Turkish Deep State: State Consolidation, Civil-Military Relations and Democracy (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Civil-Military Relations (Routledge Handbooks)
- 2012-05-19German Helmets Of The Second World War Vol.2
- 2012-04-11The Royal Armoured Corps Tank Museum (part 3).The Second World War 1940-1946
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.