Posted on 2020-05-23, by books_lover.
Black Friday. The War on Christmas. Miracle on 34th Street and Elf. From shopping malls and Fox News to movie theaters, Christmas no longer solely celebrates to the birth of Christ. Considering the holiday in its global context, Christmas journeys from its historical origins to its modern incarnation as a global commercial event, stopping along the way to look at the controversies and traditions of the celebratory day. Delving into the long story of this unifying but also divisive holiday, Tara Moore describes the evolution of Christmas and the deep traditions that bind a culture to its version of it. She probes the debates that have long accompanied the season―from questions of the actual date of Christ’s birth to frictions between the sacred and the secular―and discusses the characters associated with the holiday’s celebration, including Saint Nicholas, the Magi, Scrooge, and Krampus. She also explores how customs such as Christmas trees, feasting, and gift giving first
- Ebooks list page : 43687
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Christmas: The Sacred to Santa
- 2012-01-24Curious Visions of Modernity: Enchantment, Magic, and the Sacred
- 2020-06-29The Beginning of Heaven and Earth The Sacred Book of Japan's Hidden Christians
- 2020-06-27Mecca: The Sacred City
- 2020-06-24The Beginning of Heaven and Earth - The Sacred Book of Japan's Hidden Christians
- 2020-06-09The Sacred Science of Ancient Japan: Lost Chronicles of the Age of the Gods
- 2020-05-19Bach's Operas of the Soul A Listener's Guide to the Sacred Cantatas (Unlocking t
- 2020-05-07Place, Ecology and the Sacred: The Moral Geography of Sustainable Communities
- 2020-05-05Asia, Modernity, and the Pursuit of the Sacred: Gnostics, Scholars, Mystics, and Reformers
- 2020-05-03Becoming a Mountain: Himalayan Journeys in Search of the Sacred and the Sublime
- 2020-04-28The Sacred Routes of Uyghur History
- 2020-04-21The Dance of the Dissident Daughter: A Woman's Journey from Christian Tradition to the Sacred Feminine
- 2020-03-13Law, Love and Freedom: From the Sacred to the Secular (Law and Christianity)
- 2020-03-01Land of Pure Vision: The Sacred Geography of Tibet and the Himalaya
- 2020-03-01The Sacred Enneagram Workbook: Mapping Your Unique Path to Spiritual Growth
- 2020-01-19VA Christmas: The Collection (50 of the Greatest Original Xmas Hits) (2019)
- 2020-01-18VA Christmas The Platinum Collection (2018)
- 2020-01-13Faith and Fascism: Catholic Intellectuals in Italy, 1925–43 (Histories of the Sacred and Secular, 1700-2000)
- 2020-01-03Imagery, Ritual, and Birth: Ontology between the Sacred and the Secular
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.