[share_ebook] Caterpillars of Eastern North America: A Guide to Identification and Natural History (Princeton Field Guides)
Author: David L. Wagner
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Posted on 2011-11-26, by sharebookfree.
Caterpillars of Eastern North America: A Guide to Identification and Natural History (Princeton Field Guides)
David L. Wagner | Princeton University Press | 2011-07-26 | 496 pages | English | PDF
This lavishly illustrated guide will enable you to identify the caterpillars of nearly 700 butterflies and moths found east of the Mississippi. The more than 1,200 color photographs and two dozen line drawings include numerous exceptionally striking images. The giant silk moths, tiger moths, and many other species covered include forest pests, common garden guests, economically important species, and of course, the Mescal Worm and Mexican Jumping Bean caterpillars. Full-page species accounts cover almost 400 species, with up to six images per species including an image of the adult plus succinct text with information on distribution, seasonal activity, foodplants, and life history. These accounts are generously complemented with additional images of earlier instars, closely related species, noteworthy behaviors, and other intriguing aspects of caterpillar biology.
Many caterpillars are illustrated here for the first time. Dozens of new foodplant records are presented and erroneous records are corrected. The book provides considerable information on the distribution, biology, and taxonomy of caterpillars beyond that available in other popular works on Eastern butterflies and moths. The introductory chapter covers caterpillar structure, life cycles, rearing, natural enemies, photography, and conservation. The section titled "Caterpillar Projects" will be of special interest to educators.
Given the dearth of accessible guides on the identification and natural history of caterpillars, Caterpillars of Eastern North America is a must for entomologists and museum curators, forest managers, conservation biologists and others who seek a compact, easy-to-use guide to the caterpillars of this vast region.
- A compact guide to nearly 700 caterpillars east of the Mississippi, from forest pests to garden guests and economically important species
- 1,200 color photos and 24 line drawings enable easy identification
- Full-page species accounts with image of adult insect for almost 400 species, plus succinct text on distribution and other vital information
- Many caterpillars illustrated here for the first time
- Current information on distribution, biology, and taxonomy not found in other popular works
- A section geared toward educators, "Caterpillar Projects"
- An indispensable resource for all who seek an easy-to-use guide to the caterpillars of this vast region
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 15590
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Caterpillars of Eastern North America: A Guide to Identification and Natural History (Princeton Field Guides)
- 2012-10-21Caterpillars of Eastern North America: A Guide to Identification and Natural History (repost)
- 2011-08-19Caterpillars of Eastern North America: A Guide to Identification and Natural History
- 2013-06-20Owlet Caterpillars of Eastern North America
- 2018-01-18[PDF] A Field Guide to Southwestern and Texas Wildflowers (Peterson Field Guides)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Beliefs and Rituals in Archaic Eastern North America: An Interpretive Guide
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Illustrated Book of Trees: The Comprehensive Field Guide to More than 250 Trees of Eastern North America
- 2017-10-08[PDF] The Backyard Birdsong Guide Eastern and Central North America: A Guide to Listening
- 2017-03-24Beliefs and Rituals in Archaic Eastern North America An Interpretive Guide
- 2012-10-29The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America by David Allen Sibley (PDF) - Removed
- 2021-01-03Ants of North America A Guide to the Genera
- 2020-02-27Field Guide to the Flower Flies of Northeastern North America (Princeton Field Guides)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Miskwabik, Metal of Ritual: Metallurgy in Precontact Eastern North America
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Backyard Birdsong Guide Western North America: A Guide to Listening
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Trees of Eastern North America
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Ants of North America: A Guide to the Genera
- 2017-12-28[PDF] War Paths, Peace Paths: An Archaeology of Cooperation and Conflict in Native Eastern North America (Issues in Eastern Woodlands Archaeology)
- 2017-11-27The Book of Forest & Thicket: Trees, Shrubs, and Wildflowers of Eastern North America
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Herbaceous Layer in Forests of Eastern North America
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.