Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-09-20. By anonymous.
Author: Steven J. Zaloga, Illustrated by: Howard Gerrard
Osprey Publishing | April 22, 2008 | ISBN-10: 1846032466 | 96 Pages | PDF | 14.6 MB
Osprey Publishing Description:
“In July 1944, Operation Cobra broke the stalemate in Normandy and sent the Allies racing across France. The Allied commanders had ignored Paris in their planning for this campaign, considering that the risk of intense street fighting and heavy casualties outweighed the city's strategic importance. However, Charles de Gaulle persuaded the Allied commanders to take direct action to liberate his nation's capital. Steven J Zaloga first describes the operations of Patton's Third Army as it advanced towards Paris before focussing on the actions of the Resistance forces inside the city and of the Free French armoured division that fought its way in and joined up with them to liberate it on the 24th August. On the back of this morale-boosting victory, De Gaulle could finally proclaim Paris to be liberated, as one of the world's loveliest cities survived Hitler's strident command that it should be held at all costs or razed to the ground.”
"This writing sparkles. The artwork is dynamic. The maps and battle scences put the writer in the battle. I am new to the Camaign serie, but if 'Liberation of Paris, 1944' sets the standard, I'm ready for campaign #195. what ever the title."
"All of this is superbly illustrated not only by the artwork of Howard Gerrard, but also by the selection of period photographs. This all makes a superb book on the subject. One that I found most enjoyable and I know you will as well. It is a superb book on the subject and one that all students of American history should have in their libraries. I can recommend to you without reservation."
"Zalogaâ€™s high standards of research and his usual clear, concise writing style make this another valuable addition to Ospreyâ€™s Second World War titles. If the reader desires a short, but thorough, account of the events surrounding the liberation of Paris, this work is now the best focused account available in English."
"Steven J. Zaloga's Liberation of Paris 1944: Patton's Race for the Seine recounts the Operation Cobra battle that sent the Allies across France with plans to liberate the notoriously difficult Paris."
- Ebooks list page : 3486
- 2014-01-21Liberation of Paris 1944: Patton's Race for the Seine (Osprey Campaign 194) (repost)
- 2013-08-11Liberation of Paris 1944: Patton's race for the Seine (Campaign 194) (Repost)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Liberation of Paris 1944: Patton's race for the Seine (Campaign)
- 2013-04-18The Blood of Free Men: The Liberation of Paris, 1944
- 2020-06-08The Liberation of Paris: The History of the World War II Campaign that Freed the French Capital from Nazi Germany
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Eleven Days in August: The Liberation of Paris in 1944
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Liberation of Paris: The History of the World War II Campaign that Freed the French Capital from Nazi Germany
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Lorraine 1944 : Patton Vs Manteuffel (Campaign Series, 75)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Metz 1944: Patton's fortified nemesis (Campaign)
- 2013-11-27Lorraine 1944. Patton vs Manteuffel (Osprey Campaign 075)
- 2012-08-02Lorraine 1944: Patton vs Manteuffel (Osprey Campaign 75) (Repost)
- 2012-03-17Metz 1944: Patton's fortified nemesis (Campaign) - Removed
- 2012-03-17Metz 1944: Pattonâ€™s fortified nemesis (Osprey Campaign 242)
- 2021-03-25Six Armies In Normandy: From D Day to the Liberation of Paris
- 2021-02-26Six Armies In Normandy: From D Day to the Liberation of Paris
- 2021-02-10Six Armies In Normandy: From D Day to the Liberation of Paris
- 2021-01-26Six Armies in Normandy From D-Day to the Liberation of Paris [Audiobook]
- 2020-05-16Six Armies In Normandy - From D-Day to the Liberation of Paris
- 2020-05-12The Armored Campaign in Normandy: June-August 1944
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.