Posted on 2020-04-13, by 0nelovee.
Calculus of Variations: An introduction to the calculus of variations (mathematics on fire !)
h264, yuv420p, 1280x720 |ENGLISH, aac, 44100 Hz, 2 channels | 5h 49 mn | 3 GB
Created by: Ross McGowan
What you'll learn
A thorough grounding in the Calculus of Variations. Covering the first variation
Simulations using a graphical calculator to help your understanding
Introduction to the subject using an intuitive geometric approach which you will not see anywhere else
Euler Lagrange Equation derived both geometrically and analytically
Derivation and simulation of double pendulum
You will need some basic calculus. Differentiation and integration and some of the rules ,for example, the product rule and chain rule for differentiation and integration by parts. What is more important is a willingness to just think and not to give up at the first hurdle. Also not to fixate on something you do not understand, move on or better still ask me.
This is not your average Udemy course. You will not see the calculus of variations taught as thoroughly and intuitively anywhere on the internet (I know because I looked for such a course and not having found one decided to create this course). You will not see this subject taught in this way anywhere else online. The most important point and value in this course is COMPREHENSION. I want you to understand the subject , I want you to be able to say at the end of this course, 'I OWN THE CALCULUS OF VARIATIONS - IT BELONGS TO ME'.
If you want to understand the calculus of variations as opposed to just applying some random maths equations and wonder what is going on then this is the course for you. What matters is true comprehension. As such I have introduced this subject in a non standard way. I derive the basic building block of calculus of variations namely the Euler-Lagrange equation in the terms that Euler first derived it and leave the standard derivation to much later in the course. The course has many examples including some of the most famous but also some that you just won't see in any textbook. The derivations are thorough and explained line per line equation to equation. You just won't get this subject taught like this unless you pay to go to university (and even then you will probably get the standard formulaic version).
In this course you will get access to my original derivations , some of which are common derivations you will get in any book but some of the derivations you will not find in any books (I know I looked for them and in the end spent many hours deriving them myself). You can download a PDF copy of each lecture or a PDF of the entire lecture course.
This is NOT AN EASY COURSE and to cover all the maths in depth will take you a lot of time. It will be time well spent as you will learn lots of tips and mathematical tricks that you just won't find anywhere else. I recommend you recreate the derivations and think about them as you walk to work or have coffee at lunch. Don't get put off or dejected - remember I AM HERE if you need help.
Good luck with the course.
Who this course is for:
If you have been stuck with your understanding the calculus of variations or you are new to it then this is the course for you.
- Ebooks list page : 43227
- 2020-05-30Calculus Of Variations An Introduction To The Calculus Of Variations (mathematics On Fire !)
- 2020-02-25Ordinary Differential Equations: An Introduction to the Fundamentals (Textbooks in Mathematics) Ed 2 - Removed
- 2019-11-26Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics (Texts in Applied Mathematics) Ed 2
- 2019-10-09Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics, Second Edition
- 2019-03-11Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics
- 2019-03-05Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics (Texts in Applied Mathematics) - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] An Introduction to the Early Development of Mathematics
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics (Texts in Applied Mathematics) - Removed
- 2016-11-28Michael K. J. Goodman - An Introduction to the Early Development of Mathematics [1 ebook (pdf)]
- 2016-07-21Michael K. J. Goodman - An Introduction to the Early Development of Mathematics [1 ebook (pdf)]
- 2016-07-19Michael K. J. Goodman - An Introduction to the Early Development of Mathematics [1 ebook (pdf)]
- 2013-04-19Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics [Repost]
- 2011-12-30Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics (Texts in Applied Mathematics)
- 2011-07-31Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics (Texts in Applied Mathematics)
- 2011-03-07Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics
- 2011-02-13Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics
- 2010-11-16Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics (repost)
- 2010-10-22Introduction to the Foundations of Applied Mathematics
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.