Brothers of Coweta Kinship, Empire, and Revolution in the Eighteenth-Century Muscogee World
Posted on 2021-08-24, by book24h.
Brothers of Coweta :
Kinship, Empire, and Revolution in the Eighteenth-Century Muscogee World
by Bryan C. Rindfleisch
English | 2021 | ISBN: 1643362038 | 212 Pages | ePUB | 1.72 MB
In Brothers of Coweta Bryan C. Rindfleisch explores how family and clan served as the structural foundation of the Muscogee (Creek) Indian world through the lens of two brothers, who emerged from the historical shadows to shape the forces of empire, colonialism, and revolution that transformed the American South during the eighteenth century.
Although much of the historical record left by European settlers was fairly robust, it included little about Indigenous people and even less about their kinship, clan, and familial dynamics. However, European authorities, imperial agents, merchants, and a host of other individuals left a surprising paper trail when it came to two brothers, Sempoyaffee and Escotchaby, of Coweta, located in what is now central Georgia. Though fleeting, their appearances in the archival record offer a glimpse of their extensive kinship connections and the ways in which family and clan propelled them into their influential roles negotiating with Europeans. As the brothers navigated the politics of empire, they pursued distinct family agendas that at times clashed with the interests of Europeans and other Muscogee leaders.
Despite their limitations, Rindfleisch argues that these archives reveal how specific Indigenous families negotiated and even subverted empire-building and colonialism in early America. Through careful examination, he demonstrates how historians of early and Native America can move past the limitations of the archives to rearticulate the familial and clan dynamics of the Muscogee world.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
5920 dl's @ 2843 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
8445 dl's @ 2463 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
5570 dl's @ 2038 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...Brothers of Coweta Kinship, Empire, and Revolution in the Eighteenth-Century Muscogee World
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 49131
- 2021-08-06The Townshend Moment The Making of Empire and Revolution in the Eighteenth Century
- 2022-08-23The Island Race Englishness, Empire and Gender in the Eighteenth Century
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2019-02-22Secret Cures of Slaves People, Plants, and Medicine in the Eighteenth-Century Atlantic World
- 2019-01-28Secret Cures of Slaves People, Plants, and Medicine in the Eighteenth-Century Atlantic World
- 2022-11-19Kelly Lytle Hernández - Bad Mexicans- Race, Empire, and Revolution in the Borderlands (azw3 epub ...
- 2022-08-24Bad Mexicans Race, Empire, and Revolution in the Borderlands [Audiobook]
- 2019-05-11Making Uzbekistan: Nation, Empire, and Revolution in the Early USSR
- 2023-03-15Uncertainty in the Empire of Routine The Administrative Revolution of the Eighteenth-Century Qing State
- 2020-06-09Agents of Empire: Knights, Corsairs, Jesuits, and Spies in the Sixteenth-Century Mediterranean World
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Trade and Empire in the Eighteenth-Century Atlantic World
- 2017-12-07[PDF] War and Revolution: Rethinking the Twentieth Century
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Agents of Empire: Knights, Corsairs, Jesuits and Spies in the Sixteenth-Century Mediterranean World
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Agents of Empire: Knights, Corsairs, Jesuits and Spies in the Sixteenth-Century Mediterranean World
- 2016-10-20Trade and Empire in the Eighteenth-Century Atlantic World
- 2023-02-28Actors, Audiences, and Emotions in the Eighteenth Century Communities of Sentiment - Removed
- 2021-12-25Young Subjects Children, State-Building, and Social Reform in the Eighteenth-Century French World
- 2021-11-26Young Subjects - Children, State-Building, and Social Reform in the Eighteenth-Century French World
- 2020-10-29Bodily Fluids, Chemistry and Medicine in the Eighteenth Century Boerhaave School
No comments for "Brothers of Coweta Kinship, Empire, and Revolution in the Eighteenth-Century Muscogee World".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.