Posted on 2014-04-01. By anonymous.
English | 2011 | ISBN: 1426207573 | 224 pages | PDF | 145,5 MB
Admit it. When you hear the word "neuroscience," you expect something abstract and remote, very complex, of little practical value. But this time...it's personal.
In a highly anticipated, three-part series airing on the National Geographic Channel in Fall 2011, National Geographic's Brainworks makes YOU the test subject in an array of astonishing challenges and experiments. Your brain will be stimulated, fooled, and ultimately amazed, as scientists and other experts show you how this three-pound blob of gray matter effectively makes you, you.
The television program brings together a crack team of scientists and researchers from a wide range of fields, including neurology, psychology, and opthamology. Awareness expert Dan Simons and memory expert Elizabeth Loftus are just two of the notables who lend their considerable brainpower to this unprecedented project. The program also draws on the know-how of those who traffic in brain tricksâ€”illusionists such as David Copperfield and Apollo Robbins and artists such as color expert Beau Lottoâ€”to bring each mind-bending illusion to life.
The captivating companion book further messes with your head through the visual illusions discovered and perfected by masters of fine art as well as through deceptively simple illustrations that are finely crafted by psychologists to highlight the way we take in and process the world around us.
In three sectionsâ€”"Seeing," "Thinking," and "Being"â€”you'll see for yourself why these visual illusions and experiments hoodwink the brain. You'll find out how the structure of the eye influences what you see. And you'll think of events that may not have actually happened, in order to learn how the mind can create a false memory.
Rather than simply displaying a collection of puzzlers or visual illusions, each chapter guides you through a series of perceptual and thought experiments firsthand and then walks you through your brain's reaction in clear, user-friendly languageâ€”providing every reader with a compelling personal interest in finding out why his or her mind acts the way it does.
Smart, exciting, and deeply engaging, Brainworks pulls you in, manipulates your mind, and leaves you with a better understandingâ€”as well as a richer appreciationâ€”of the mental marvels that we take for granted.
- Ebooks list page : 25894
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Brainworks: The Mind-bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are
- 2014-04-16Brainworks The Mind-bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are
- 2014-04-05Brainworks – The Mind-bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are
- 2020-12-05An Outsider's Guide to Humans What Science Taught Me About What We Do and Who We Are [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Superfandom: How Our Obsessions Are Changing What We Buy and Who We Are [Audiobook]
- 2010-11-12Buying In: The Secret Dialogue Between What We Buy and Who We Are
- 2010-10-25Bying in: The secret dialogue between what we buy and who we are
- 2010-03-09Buying In: The Secret Dialogue Between What We Buy and Who We Are
- 2012-01-30Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think - Dennis Greenberger - Removed
- 2011-12-27Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think - Dennis Greenberger - Removed
- 2020-07-23How the Body Knows Its Mind: The Surprising Power of the Physical Environment to Influence How You Think and Feel - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] What Colour is the Sun?: Mind-Bending Science Facts in the Solar System's Brightest Quiz
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Runner's World The Runner's Body: How the Latest Exercise Science Can Help You Run Stronger, Longer, and Faster - Removed
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think
- 2017-11-22[PDF] How the Body Knows Its Mind: The Surprising Power of the Physical Environment to Influence How You Think and Feel - Removed
- 2014-05-24Cat Sense: How the New Feline Science Can Make You a Better Friend to Your Pet - Removed
- 2013-10-21Cat Sense: How the New Feline Science Can Make You a Better Friend to Your Pet (Audiobook) By John Bradshaw, read
- 2013-10-20Cat Sense: How the New Feline Science Can Make You a Better Friend to Your Pet (Audiobook)
- 2013-10-12Cat Sense: How the New Feline Science Can Make You a Better Friend to Your Pet
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.