Body of Truth How Science, History, and Culture Drive Our Obsession with Weight -- and What We Can Do about It
Posted on 2022-01-13, by book24h.
Harriet Brown, "Body of Truth: How Science, History, and Culture Drive Our Obsession with Weight - and What We Can Do about It"
English | 2016 | ISBN: 0738218820 | EPUB | pages: 304 | 0.5 mb
Over the past twenty-five years, our quest for thinness has morphed into a relentless obsession with weight and body image. In our culture, "fat" has become a four-letter word. Or, as Lance Armstrong said to the wife of a former teammate, "I called you crazy. I called you a bitch. But I never called you fat." How did we get to this place where the worst insult you can hurl at someone is "fat"? Where women and girls (and increasingly men and boys) will diet, purge, overeat, undereat, and berate themselves and others, all in the name of being thin?
As a science journalist, Harriet Brown has explored this collective longing and fixation from an objective perspective; as a mother, wife, and woman with "weight issues," she has struggled to understand it on a personal level. Now, in Body of Truth, Brown systematically unpacks what's been offered as "truth" about weight and health.
Starting with the four biggest lies, Brown shows how research has been manipulated; how the medical profession is complicit in keeping us in the dark; how big pharma and big, empty promises equal big, big dollars; how much of what we know (or think we know) about health and weight is wrong. And how all of those affect all of us every day, whether we know it or not.
The quest for health and wellness has never been more urgent, yet most of us continue to buy into fad diets and unattainable body ideals, unaware of the damage we're doing to ourselves. Through interviews, research, and her own experience, Brown not only gives us the real story on weight, health, and beauty, but also offers concrete suggestions for how each of us can sort through the lies and misconceptions and make peace with and for ourselves.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 51008
- 2020-09-14Body of Truth: How Science, History, and Culture Drive Our Obsession With Weightand What We Can Do About It[Audiobook]
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Body of Truth: How Science, History, and Culture Drive Our Obsession with Weight and What We Can Do about It
- 2022-06-26Taking the Heat How Climate Change Is Affecting Your Mind, Body, and Spirit and What You Can Do About It [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-18Free Is Bad: How The Free Web Hurt Privacy, Truth and Democracy..and what you can do about it
- 2013-03-12The Unhealthy Truth: How Our Food Is Making Us Sick - And What We Can Do About It
- 2022-08-02The Whitehall Effect How Whitehall Became the Enemy of Great Public Services - and What We Can Do About it
- 2022-06-24Bright Green Lies How the Environmental Movement Lost Its Way and What We Can Do About It [Audiobook...
- 2022-03-22Post-Truth Why We Have Reached Peak Bullshit and What We Can Do About It (Audiobook)
- 2021-11-28Future Minds How the Digital Age is Changing Our Minds, Why this Matters and What We Can Do About It
- 2021-09-15When We Become Strangers How Loneliness Leaks into Our Lives and What We Can Do About It (Audiobook)
- 2021-09-14When We Become Strangers How Loneliness Leaks into Our Lives and What We Can Do About It (Audiobook)
- 2021-06-05Wasted: How We Squander Time, Money, and Natural Resources and What We Can Do About It [Audiobook]
- 2021-06-04Wasted: How We Squander Time, Money, and Natural Resources and What We Can Do About It
- 2021-04-14Fast Food Genocide How Processed Food Is Killing Us And What We Can Do About It
- 2021-02-23The Worry Trick: How Your Brain Tricks You into Expecting the Worst and What You Can Do About It [Audiobook]
- 2020-11-27Logged In and Stressed Out: How Social Media is Affecting Your Mental Health and What You Can Do About I
- 2020-10-11Experience on Demand: What Virtual Reality Is, How It Works, and What It Can Do [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-14Money: How the Destruction of the Dollar Threatens the Global Economy – and What We Can Do About It - Removed
- 2020-05-13Asking for It: The Alarming Rise of Rape Culture--and What We Can Do about It
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.