Posted on 2021-02-12, updated at 2021-03-10, by nokia241186.
English | 2020 | ISBN-13: 978-0262538404 | 566 Pages | True PDF | 23.12 MB
An updated edition of a classic: an indispensable companion for a new era in cycling.
The bicycle is almost unique among human-powered machines in that it uses human muscles in a near-optimum way. This essential volume offers a comprehensive account of the history of bicycles, how human beings propel them, what makes them go faster-and what keeps them from going even faster. Over the years, and through three previous editions, Bicycling Science has become the bible of technical bicycling not only for designers and builders of bicycles but also for cycling enthusiasts.
After a brief history of bicycles and bicycling that demolishes many widespread myths, this fourth edition covers recent experiments and research on human-powered transportation, with updated material on cycling achievements, human-powered machines for use on land and in air and water, power-assisted bicycles, and human physiology. The authors have also added new information on aerodynamics, rolling drag, transmission of power from rider to wheels, braking, heat management, steering and stability, power and speed, and other topics. This edition also includes many new references and figures.
With racks of bikeshare bikes on city sidewalks, and new restrictions on greenhouse gas-emitting cars, bicycle use will only grow. This book is the indispensable companion for a new era in cycling.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46543
- 2021-03-10Bicycling Science, 4th edition (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2011-08-15Bicycling Science, 3rd Edition - Removed
- 2021-03-16Ever Smaller: Nature's Elementary Particles, From the Atom to the Neutrino and Beyond (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2021-03-16Code as Creative Medium: A Handbook for Computational Art and Design (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2021-03-13Data Action: Using Data for Public Good (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2021-02-17Ever Smaller: Nature's Elementary Particles, From the Atom to the Neutrino and Beyond (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2021-02-14Data Action: Using Data for Public Good (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2020-11-25Wikipedia @ 20: Stories of an Incomplete Revolution (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2020-10-07How to Grow a Robot: Developing Human Friendly, Social AI (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2020-09-25How to Grow a Robot Developing Human-Friendly, Social AI (The MIT Press) [True PDF]
- 2012-07-05The New Cognitive Neurosciences 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2011-10-02[request]The Resilient Enterprise - Removed
- 2011-07-13The Little Schemer - 4th Edition - Removed
- 2011-10-07A Guide to Econometrics - 4th Edition
- 2011-08-14A Linguistics Workbook, 4th Edition
- 2011-08-09The MIT Encyclopedia of the Cognitive Sciences
- 2011-08-03The MIT Guide to Teaching Web Site Design
- 2011-08-02Bicycling Science - Removed
- 2011-07-07Communication Researchers and Policy-making: An MIT Press Sourcebook (MIT Press Sourcebooks)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.