Bede and Time Computus, Theology and History in the Early Medieval World
Posted on 2021-01-09, by book24h.
Bede and Time: Computus, Theology and History in the Early Medieval World (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland) by Máirín MacCarron
English | Oct 1, 2019 | ISBN: 1472476638 | 222 pages | PDF + EPUB | 2 + 4 MB
The Venerable Bede (c. 673-735) was the leading intellectual figure of the early Anglo-Saxon Church, and his extensive corpus of writings encompassed themes of exegesis, computus (dating of Easter and construction of calendars), history and hagiography. Rather than look at these works in isolation, Máirín MacCarron argues that Bede's work in different genres needs to be read together to be properly understood. This book provides the first integrated analysis of Bede's thought on time, and demonstrates that such a comprehensive examination allows a greater understanding of Bede's writings on time, and illuminates the place of time and chronology in his other works. Bede was an outstanding intellect whose creativity and ingenuity were apparent in various genres of writing. This book argues that in innovatively combining computus, theology and history, Bede transformed his contemporaries' understanding of time and chronology.
Welcome to my AH blog
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
7262 dl's @ 3379 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
6064 dl's @ 2395 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
6206 dl's @ 2896 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...Bede and Time Computus, Theology and History in the Early Medieval World
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 46142
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Narrative and History in the Early Medieval West (Studies in the Early Middle Ages)
- 2011-11-15Narrative And History in the Early Medieval West
- 2009-05-22Language and History in the Early Germanic World
- 2021-02-26Scientists and Scholars of the Early Islamic World Islamic Empire History
- 2023-02-01Image and Ornament in the Early Medieval West New Perspectives on Post-Roman Art
- 2022-12-25Prophecy, Fate and Memory in the Early Medieval Celtic World
- 2022-09-13Travel and Conflict in the Early Modern World
- 2022-03-13Domesticity and Power in the Early Mughal World
- 2020-10-22Shakespeare and the Cultivation of Difference: Race and Conduct in the Early Modern World
- 2020-05-16War and Conflict in the Early Modern World: 1500 - 1700 (War and Conflict Through the Ages)
- 2020-05-09Secretaries and Statecraft in the Early Modern World
- 2020-05-05Puritanism and Emotion in the Early Modern World (Christianities in the Trans-Atlantic World)
- 2019-01-31Revolution and Rebellion in the Early Modern World
- 2018-11-15Secretaries and Statecraft in the Early Modern World
- 2018-10-18Go Figure Energies, Forms, and Institutions in the Early Modern World
- 2018-09-22Queenship and Political Power in Medieval and Early Modern Spain (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
- 2018-08-29Go Figure Energies, Forms, and Institutions in the Early Modern World
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Puritanism and Emotion in the Early Modern World (Christianities in the Trans-Atlantic World, 1500-1800) - Removed
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Humanistic Tradition, Book 4: Faith, Reason, and Power in the Early Modern World
No comments for "Bede and Time Computus, Theology and History in the Early Medieval World".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.