Posted on 2012-10-23. By anonymous.
English | 2011 | ISBN: 030758903X | English | 272 pages | EPUB | 2 MB
Millions of people fantasize about leaving their old lives behind, enrolling in cooking school, and training to become a chef. But for those who make the decision, the difference between the dream and reality can be giganticâ€”especially at the top cooking school in the country. For the first time in the Culinary Institute of Americaâ€™s history, a book will give readers the firsthand experience of being a full-time student facing all of the challenges of the legendary course in its entirety.
On the eve of his thirty-eighth birthday and after shuffling through a series of unsatisfying jobs, Jonathan Dixon enrolled in the CIA (on a scholarship) to pursue his passion for cooking. In Beaten, Seared, and Sauced he tells hilarious and harrowing stories of life at the CIA as he and his classmates navigate the institutionâ€™s many rules and customs under the watchful and critical eyes of their instructors. Each part of the curriculum is covered, from knife skills and stock making to the high-pressure cooking tests and the daunting wine course (the undoing of many a student). Dixon also details his externship in the kitchen of Danny Meyerâ€™s Tabla, giving readers a look into the inner workings of a celebrated New York City restaurant.
With the benefit of his age to give perspective to his experience, Dixon delivers a gripping day-to-day chronicle of his transformation from amateur to professional. From the daily tongue-lashings in class to learning the ropesâ€”fastâ€”at a top NYC kitchen, Beaten, Seared, and Sauced is a fascinating and intimate first-person view of one of Americaâ€™s most famous culinary institutions and one of the worldâ€™s most coveted jobs.
- Ebooks list page : 20329
- 2012-06-21Beaten, Seared, and Sauced: On Becoming a Chef at the Culinary Institute of America (Repost)
- 2012-02-17Beaten, Seared, and Sauced: On Becoming a Chef at the Culinary Institute of America - Jonathan Dixon
- 2012-02-16Beaten, Seared, and Sauced: On Becoming a Chef at the Culinary Institute of America - Jonathan Dixon
- 2012-01-21Beaten, Seared, and Sauced: On Becoming a Chef at the Culinary Institute of America - Jonathan Dixon
- 2011-08-26Beaten, Seared, and Sauced: On Becoming a Chef at the Culinary Institute of America
- 2011-08-23Beaten, Seared, and Sauced: On Becoming a Chef at the Culinary Institute of America
- 2013-12-03Download The Professional Chef by The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) PDF - Removed
- 2013-10-30Download The Professional Chef by The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) PDF - Removed
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Chocolates and Confections at Home with The Culinary Institute of America
- 2016-10-21The Professional Chef [The Culinary Institute of America] 9th ed
- 2017-11-01[PDF] How To Become A Chef: The Essential Guide to becoming a chef in the UK including training, qualifications, gaining experience
- 2012-01-24Future R&D Environments: A Report for the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Individual and Tradition: Folkloristic Perspectives (Special Publications of the Folklore Institute, Indiana University)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Style and Seduction: Jewish Patrons, Architecture, and Design in Fin de Siecle Vienna (The Tauber Institute Series for the Study of European Jewry)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Love in the Time of Revolution: Transatlantic Literary Radicalism and Historical Change, 1793-1818 (Published for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Individual and Tradition: Folkloristic Perspectives (Special Publications of the Folklore Institute, Indiana University)
- 2014-06-19Job Aids and Performance Support: Moving From Knowledge in the Classroom to Knowledge Everywhere (repost)
- 2014-06-10Real Indians: Identity and the Survival of Native America (repost)
- 2014-04-28The Truth About Networking for Success: The Top Tips to Becoming a Great Networker, The Facts You Should Know (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.