As the World Burns: The New Generation of Activists and the Landmark Legal Fight Against Climate Change [Audiobook]
Posted on 2020-10-11, by nokia241186.
English | ASIN: B08K3S8C9S | 2020 | 10 hours and 41 minutes | MP3 64 kbps | 294 MB
Do children have a right to inherit a livable planet, and if so, is the government obliged to protect it? That's the question posed by Juliana v. United States, one of the most critical lawsuits of our time.
Twenty-one young people from across America sued the federal government over climate change, charging that US actions to promote a fossil-fuel economy violate their constitutional rights to life, liberty, and property. Their trial could be the civil rights trial of the century. But it hasn't happened yet. While rare legal tactics attempt to stymie the case, As the World Burns follows the plight of the young plaintiffs, chronicling their legal battle through a year of drought and wildfire, floods and hurricanes, and the most tumultuous political season in modern history.
Acknowledging that forces larger than themselves are stealing their childhoods as well as their futures, the plaintiffs wrenchingly describe personal experiences with recurring "thousand-year" floods, wildfire smoke so thick they can't ride a bike to school, drought that threatens family farms, and disappearing coastlines that send waves lapping ominously at their doors. Along the way, journalist Lee van der Voo weaves their experience into a broader narrative of America, where politics and policy threaten the very existence of our youth and our way of life. As the World Burns is climate breakdown like you've never seen it - through the eyes of the young.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44837
- 2020-10-07As the World Burns: The New Generation of Activists and the Landmark Legal Fight Against Climate Change
- 2020-05-20The World Aflame: A New History of War and Revolution: 1914-1945 - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Do It Anyway: The New Generation of Activists
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Changing Body: Health, Nutrition, and Human Development in the Western World since 1700 (New Approaches to Economic and Social History)
- 2012-01-15The Steve Jobs Way : iLeadership for a New Generation - Jay Elliot And William L. Simon
- 2011-12-22The Steve Jobs Way : iLeadership for a New Generation - Jay Elliot And William L. Simon
- 2011-12-14The Steve Jobs Way : iLeadership for a New Generation - Jay Elliot And William L. Simon
- 2011-12-11Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-12-07Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-11-04Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change
- 2011-08-31Advancing the Science of Climate Change
- 2011-08-17Advancing the Science of Climate Change (National Research Council)
- 2011-08-07Adapting to the Impacts of Climate Change
- 2009-04-04The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients (P.S.)
- 2020-10-27The Fragile Earth: Writings from The New Yorker on Climate Change [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-13[PDF] The Risk City: Cities Countering Climate Change: Emerging Planning Theories and Practices around the World - Removed
- 2017-05-11The Little Data Book On Climate Change 2011 (world Bank Publications)
- 2012-11-06A Chance in the World: An Orphan Boy, a Mysterious Past, and How He Found a Place Called Home (Audiobook)
- 2021-03-21The Physics of Climate Change [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.