Posted on 2020-12-05, by voska89.
An Outsider's Guide to Humans: What Science Taught Me About What We Do and Who We Are (Audiobook)
English | ASIN: B085PT915V | 2020 | 6 hours and 51 minutes | MP3@64 kbps | 189 MB
Author: Camilla Pang
Narrator: Camilla Pang
Winner of the Royal Society Science Book Prize
An instruction manual for life, love, and relationships by a brilliant young scientist whose Asperger's syndrome allows her - and us - to see ourselves in a different way...and to be better at being human.
Diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder at the age of eight, Camilla Pang struggled to understand the world around her. Desperate for a solution, she asked her mother if there was an instruction manual for humans that she could consult. With no blueprint to life, Pang began to create her own, using the language she understands best: science.
That lifelong project eventually resulted in An Outsider's Guide to Humans, an original and incisive exploration of human nature and the strangeness of social norms, written from the outside looking in - which is helpful to even the most neurotypical thinker.
Camilla Pang uses a set of scientific principles to examine life's everyday interactions:
How machine learning can help us sift through data and make more rational decisions
How proteins form strong bonds and what they teach us about embracing individual differences to form diverse groups
Why understanding thermodynamics is the key to seeking balance over seeking perfection
How prisms refracting light can keep us from getting overwhelmed by our fears and anxieties, breaking them into manageable and separate "wavelengths"
Pang's unique perspective of the world tells us so much about ourselves - who we are and why we do the things we do - and is a fascinating guide to living a happier and more connected life.
- Ebooks list page : 45578
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Superfandom: How Our Obsessions Are Changing What We Buy and Who We Are [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Brainworks: The Mind-bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are
- 2014-04-16Brainworks The Mind-bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are
- 2014-04-05Brainworks – The Mind-bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are
- 2014-04-01Brainworks: The Mind-bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are
- 2010-11-12Buying In: The Secret Dialogue Between What We Buy and Who We Are
- 2010-10-25Bying in: The secret dialogue between what we buy and who we are
- 2010-03-09Buying In: The Secret Dialogue Between What We Buy and Who We Are
- 2020-12-03An Outsider's Guide to Humans by Camilla Pang - Removed
- 2020-11-20The Home Edit Life: The No Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-12The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything
- 2019-01-15The Science of Food An Exploration of What We Eat and How We Cook [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-10The Science of Food An Exploration of What We Eat and How We Cook [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-27The Science of Food An Exploration of What We Eat and How We Cook [Audiobook]
- 2016-10-20Cass Turnbull's Guide to Pruning What, When, Where, and How to Prune for a More Beautiful Garden...
- 2021-10-15Back to Earth - What Life in Space Taught Me About Our Home Planet - And Our Mission to Protect It
- 2021-05-24The Self Delusion The Surprising Science of Our Connection to Each Other and the Natural World (Audiobook)
- 2021-02-28Rethink What You Sell and Who You Serve
- 2020-04-11Next: Where to Live, What to Buy, and Who Will Lead Canada's Future
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.