Author: Nicholas A. Loehr
Posted on 2020-05-22, by freebook77.
An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs presents fundamental material on logic, proof methods, set theory, number theory, relations, functions, cardinality, and the real number system. The text uses a methodical, detailed, and highly structured approach to proof techniques and related topics. No prerequisites are needed beyond high-school algebra.
New material is presented in small chunks that are easy for beginners to digest. The author offers a friendly style without sacrificing mathematical rigor. Ideas are developed through motivating examples, precise definitions, carefully stated theorems, clear proofs, and a continual review of preceding topics.
Study aids including section summaries and over 1100 exercises
Careful coverage of individual proof-writing skills
Proof annotations and structural outlines clarify tricky steps in proofs
Thorough treatment of multiple quantifiers and their role in proofs
- Unified explanation of recursive definitions and induction proofs, with applications to greatest common divisors and prime factorizations
About the Author:
Nicholas A. Loehr is an associate professor of mathematics at Virginia Technical
University. He has taught at College of William and Mary, United States
Naval Academy, and University of Pennsylvania. He has won many teaching
awards at three different schools. He has published over 50 journal
articles. He also authored three other books for CRC Press, including
Combinatorics, Second Edition, and Advanced Linear Algebra.
- Ebooks list page : 43680
- 2020-06-30Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Textbooks in Mathematics) Ed 2
- 2020-06-17An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
- 2020-05-25An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
- 2020-02-25Ordinary Differential Equations: An Introduction to the Fundamentals (Textbooks in Mathematics) Ed 2 - Removed
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2013-09-28The Nuts and Bolts of Proofs, Third Edition - An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
- 2013-09-27The Nuts and Bolts of Proofs, Third Edition - An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
- 2013-09-24The Nuts and Bolts of Proofs, Third Edition - An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
- 2013-09-22The Nuts and Bolts of Proofs, Third Edition: An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs (repost)
- 2013-07-28The Nuts and Bolts of Proofs, Fourth Edition: An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
- 2013-01-17The Nuts and Bolts of Proofs, Third Edition: An Introduction to Mathematical Proofs (Repost)
- 2011-09-22Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Textbooks in Mathematics) free ebook download
- 2020-05-22An Introduction to Writing Mathematical Proofs: Shifting Gears from Calculus to Upper-Level Mathematics Classes
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Introduction to Mathematical Structures and Proofs (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
- 2020-05-31Introduction to Mathematical Biology: Modeling, Analysis, and Simulations (Springer Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics and Technology)
- 2020-05-22A Transition to Proof: An Introduction to Advanced Mathematics (Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2020-05-18Introduction to Quasi-Monte Carlo Integration and Applications (Compact Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2020-05-04An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) Ed 2
- 2020-02-04From Groups to Categorial Algebra: Introduction to Protomodular and Mal’tsev Categories (Compact Textbooks in Mathematics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.