Posted on 2019-01-27, updated at 2020-12-05, by voska89.
Gerry O'Reilly, "Aligning Geopolitics, Humanitarian Action and Geography in Times of Conflict"
2019 | ISBN-10: 3030113973 | 262 pages | PDF, EPUB | 12 MB
This textbook offers valuable insights into the nexus between geography, geopolitics, and humanitarian action. It elucidates concepts regarding conflict and power, as well as the role of the state and the international community in mitigating and preventing violence and war. Here the material and non-material, existential or imagined reasons for conflict are deconstructed, ranging from land and resource grabs to Utopian ideals that can degenerate into dystopias, as with Daesh's caliphate in Syria and Iraq. In turn, the issues discussed range from the local to wider national and global levels, as do their resolution mechanisms. Due to insecurities, the impacts of globalization, divisive nationalistic and isolationist reactions emerging in some democracies including the USA, the UK's Brexit stress, and the ominous rise of populist parties across continental Europe (from France and the Netherlands to the VisegrÃ¡d Group, the Balkans, and Greece), citizen fatigue has become increasingly evident, reflected in ever-growing socio-political malaise and violence.
As the impact of any humanitarian disaster is proportional to the level of development of the area affected, concepts and categories of humanitarian action are explored, along with development issues at their core, especially in the Global South. Broadly speaking, humanitarian disasters fall into the categories of natural, human-made, technological, or complex; here, however, the focus is on human-made crises. Attempts at greater regulation, national and international organization and multilateralism to prevent violent conflicts, as well as enhanced responses to humanitarian emergencies, need to be supported now more than ever before.
This textbook will appeal to graduate and upper undergraduate students and practitioners in the fields of geography, geopolitics, humanitarian action and geographies of conflict and war. In addition to the main content, it includes exercises, questions and sections for autonomous student learning.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 38888
- 2020-12-05Aligning Geopolitics, Humanitarian Action and Geography in Times of Conflict
- 2019-02-24Aligning Geopolitics, Humanitarian Action and Geography in Times of Conflict
- 2018-11-23Humanitarian Action and Ethics
- 2020-02-23Forensic Science and Humanitarian Action, 2 Volume Set: Interacting with the Dead and the Living (Forensic Science in Focus)
- 2019-12-13The Routledge Companion to Media and Humanitarian Action - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Kosovo and the Challenge of Humanitarian Intervention: Selective Indignation, Collective Action, and International Citizenship
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Humanitarian Action: Global, Regional and Domestic Legal Responses
- 2021-07-26Youth and Politics in Times of Increasing Inequalities - Removed
- 2021-07-23Power and Communication Media, Politics and Institutions in Times of Crisis
- 2021-07-19Lynda Advanced WordPress Action and Filter Hooks-XQZT
- 2021-06-26Linkedin Learning WordPress Action and Filter Hooks Online Class-ZH
- 2021-06-02Affirmative Action and the Law: Efficacy of National and International Approaches
- 2021-04-25This Book Is Anti Racist: 20 lessons on how to wake up, take action, and do the work (True EPUB)
- 2021-04-24Revolutionizing Retail: Workers, Political Action, and Social Change - Removed
- 2021-04-24Action and Inaction in a Social World: Predicting and Changing Attitudes and Behavior
- 2021-04-17Prefabricated and Modular Architecture: Aligning Design with Manufacture and Assembly
- 2021-04-17Action and Inaction in a Social World - Predicting and Changing Attitudes and Beha...
- 2021-04-15Action and Inaction in a Social World: Predicting and Changing Attitudes and Behavior
- 2021-04-14Revolutionizing Retail: Workers, Political Action, and Social Change - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.