Posted on 2009-07-27. By anonymous.
Alfred Wegener: Creator of the Continental Drift Theory (Makers of Modern Science)
Lisa Yount | ISBN: 0816061742 | PDF | 177 pages | May 2009 | 5 MB
When German meteorologist Alfred Wegener first proposed his groundbreaking theory of continental displacement, later called continental drift, in 1912, his geologist peers rejected his theory because the field of geology at the turn of the century was based in 18th- and 19th-century observations about the nature of the earth and the planet's development. Wegener's theory of continental drift proposed that the enormous landmasses slowly moved on the earth's surface over millions of years. His idea explained countless observations made about the earth, from how the continents formed, to what causes earthquakes, to how the earth's surface continues to change. An itinerant explorer, Wegener traveled around the world, and he died while on a polar mission in Greenland. It wasn't until decades after his death that the continental drift theory proved fruitful to other scientists in the 20th century. In "Alfred Wegener", learn how this daring adventurer pieced together a theory that later revolutionized the Earth sciences.
- Ebooks list page : 3242
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Alfred Wegener: Creator of the Continental Drift Theory (Makers of Modern Science)
- 2021-01-15Alfred Wegener Creator of the Continental Drift Theory
- 2011-09-14Alfred Wegener - Creator of the continental drift Theory
- 2010-02-04Alfred Wegener: Creator of the continental drift Theory
- 2013-05-05The Continental Drift Controversy: Wegener and the Early Debate (Volume 1)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Continental Drift Controversy: Paleomagnetism and Confirmation of Drift (Volume 2)
- 2013-06-04The Continental Drift Controversy: Paleomagnetism and Confirmation of Drift (Volume 2)
- 2013-04-23The Continental Drift Controversy, Volume 4: Evolution into Plate Tectonics
- 2013-04-23The Continental Drift Controversy, Volume 3: Introduction of Seafloor Spreading
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Return of Theory in Early Modern English Studies: Tarrying with the Subjunctive
- 2017-03-25The Return of Theory in Early Modern English Studies Tarrying with the Subjunctive
- 2021-09-07Good Living Practices - The Best From Ayurveda, Yoga, and Modern Science for Achieving Optimal
- 2021-05-26The Power Of Images In Early Modern Science - Removed
- 2020-11-20The Knowledge Machine How Irrationality Created Modern Science [Audiobook]
- 2020-11-20The Knowledge Machine: How Irrationality Created Modern Science [Audiobook]
- 2020-09-06Good Living Practices The Best From Ayurveda, Yoga, and Modern Science for Achieving Optimal Hea...
- 2020-07-13The Power of Images in Early Modern Science
- 2017-12-11[PDF] John Bowlby and Attachment Theory (Makers of Modern Psychotherapy) - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] John Bowlby and Attachment Theory (Makers of Modern Psychotherapy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.