Posted on 2019-08-27, by voska89.
Anthony Everitt, "Alexander the Great: His Life and His Mysterious Death"
ISBN: 0425286525 | 2019 | EPUB | 496 pages | 19 MB
What can we learn from the stunning rise and mysterious death of the ancient world's greatest conqueror? An acclaimed biographer reconstructs the life of Alexander the Great in this magisterial revisionist portrait.
"Reads as easily as a novel . . . Nearly unparalleled insight into the period and the man make this a story for everyone."-Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
More than two millennia have passed since Alexander the Great built an empire that stretched to every corner of the ancient world, from the backwater kingdom of Macedonia to the Hellenic world, Persia, and ultimately to India-all before his untimely death at age thirty-three. Alexander believed that his empire would stop only when he reached the Pacific Ocean. But stories of both real and legendary events from his life have kept him evergreen in our imaginations with a legacy that has meant something different to every era: in the Middle Ages he became an exemplar of knightly chivalry, he was a star of Renaissance paintings, and by the early twentieth century he'd even come to resemble an English gentleman. But who was he in his own time?
In Alexander the Great, Anthony Everitt judges Alexander's life against the criteria of his own age and considers all his contradictions. We meet the Macedonian prince who was naturally inquisitive and fascinated by science and exploration, as well as the man who enjoyed the arts and used Homer's great epic the Iliad as a bible. As his empire grew, Alexander exhibited respect for the traditions of his new subjects and careful judgment in administering rule over his vast territory. But his career also had a dark side. An inveterate conqueror who in his short life built the largest empire up to that point in history, Alexander glorified war and was known to commit acts of remarkable cruelty.
As debate continues about the meaning of his life, Alexander's death remains a mystery. Did he die of natural causes-felled by a fever-or did his marshals, angered by his tyrannical behavior, kill him? An explanation of his death can lie only in what we know of his life, and Everitt ventures to solve that puzzle, offering an ending to Alexander's story that has eluded so many for so long.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 41231
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2021-09-04The Diadochi The History of Alexander the Great's Successors and the Wars that Divided His Empire
- 2019-12-08Antipater's Dynasty: Alexander the Great's Regent and his Successors
- 2019-03-01Antipater's Dynasty Alexander the Great's Regent and his Successors
- 2019-02-18Antipater's Dynasty: Alexander the Great's Regent and his Successors
- 2019-02-18Antipater's Dynasty Alexander the Great's Regent and his Successors
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Alexander the Great: His Armies and Campaigns 334-323 BC (Special Editions (Military))
- 2013-02-21Alexander the Great: His Armies and Campaigns 334-323 BC (Repost)
- 2009-09-22Alexander the Great: His Armies and Campaigns 334-323 BC
- 2021-03-09Alexander the Great in Fact and Fiction
- 2021-02-11Alexander the Great in Fact and Fiction
- 2019-06-25The Legend of Alexander the Great on Greek and Roman Coins
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Alexander the Great in Fact and Fiction
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Legend of Alexander the Great on Greek and Roman Coins
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Legend of Alexander the Great on Greek and Roman Coins
- 2012-01-24The Legend of Alexander the Great on Greek and Roman Coins free ebook download - Removed
- 2012-01-18The Legend of Alexander the Great on Greek and Roman Coins [Repost] - Removed
- 2011-10-05Alexander the Great in Fact and Fiction
- 2011-09-17Alexander the Great in Fact and Fiction free ebook download
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.