Posted on 2020-05-13, by books_lover.
Deconstructs fiction and nonfiction to further understandings of how aging and old age are created. In lively, accessible prose, this book expands the reach and depth of age studies. A review of age studies methods in theory, literature, and practice leads readers to see how their own intersectional identities shape their beliefs about age, aging, and old age. This study asks readers to interrogate the “texts” of menopause, self-help books on aging, and foundational age studies works. In addition to the study of these nonfiction texts, the poetry and prose of Doris Lessing, Lucille Clifton, and Louise Erdrich serve as vehicles for exploring how age relations work, including how they invoke readers into kinships of reciprocal care as othermothers, otherdaughters, and otherelders. The literary chapters examine how gifted storytellers provide enactments, portrayals, and metaphorical uses of age to create transformative potential.
- Ebooks list page : 43599
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Age Becomes Us: Bodies and Gender in Time (Suny Series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2020-08-24Jewish Feminism and Intersectionality (SUNY series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Amending the Abject Body: Aesthetic Makeovers in Medicine and Culture (SUNY series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Bikini-Ready Moms: Celebrity Profiles, Motherhood, and the Body (SUNY series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2010-06-26Ideologies of Forgetting: Rape in the Vietnam War (SUNY Series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2012-05-18Dementia with Lewy Bodies: And Parkinson's Disease Dementia
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Conspiracy of Life: Meditations on Schelling and His Time (SUNY Series in Contemporary Continental Philosophy)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Family Flamboyant: Race Politics, Queer Families, Jewish Lives (S U N Y Series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] Mothers Who Deliver: Feminist Interventions in Public and Interpersonal Discourse (S U N Y Series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2011-10-09Captive Bodies: Postcolonial Subjectivity in Cinema (Suny Series, Cultural Studies in Cinema/Video)
- 2011-09-19Captive Bodies: Postcolonial Subjectivity in Cinema (Suny Series, Cultural Studies in Cinema/Video)
- 2011-08-09Rebellious Hearts: British Women Writers and the French Revolution (S U N Y Series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2010-04-11Feminist Mothering (S U N Y Series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2020-08-24Neoliberal Bodies and the Gendered Fat Body (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- 2020-06-07Fitness Doping Trajectories, Gender, Bodies and Health
- 2019-12-22A Performative Feel for the Game: How Meaningful Sports Shape Gender, Bodies, and Social Life (Cultural Sociology)
- 2019-12-13Harassed Gender, Bodies, and Ethnographic Research
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Fat Sex: New Directions in Theory and Activism (Gender, Bodies and Transformation)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Realism in the Age of Impressionism: Painting and the Politics of Time
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.