Posted on 2021-06-02, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 0367219530 | 2020 | 246 pages | PDF | 5 MB
Affirmative Action and the Law analyses the practical application of affirmative action measures and their efficacy in achieving substantive equality through the lenses of the United Nations human rights machinery and the legal regime and policies implemented in China, India, Central and South America, South Africa and the United Kingdom. The product of a joint research project involving academics from the Brazil, Chile, Mexico, India, Spain and the United Kingdom, the findings identify and reflect on trends emerging from State practice across the world in eradicating structural inequality through special measures for certain designated groups.
The book seeks to provide a coherent and systematic approach to the analysis of special measures in the targeted countries. It also comprises two case-studies with in-depth insights on gender diversity on the boards of public listed companies in the UK and the European Union and the access of persons with disabilities to higher education in Brazil.
The book will be a valuable resource for students and academics in the field of human rights, law, sociology and politics. It will also provide a source of good practice for states and policy makers in the framing of responses to increased inequality at national and international level; and for civil society actors seeking to explore meaningful interaction with a highly controversial topic in society.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47787
- 2012-01-07The Law in the Information and Risk Society: Gottinger Juristische Schriften, Band 10 - The Law, Risk Society, Gottinger Juristische Schriften
- 2012-01-01The Law in the Information and Risk Society: Gottinger Juristische Schriften, Band 10 - The Law, Risk Society, Gottinger Juristische Schriften
- 2011-11-20The Law in the Information and Risk Society: Gottinger Juristische Schriften, Band 10
- 2020-05-25Ethics, Law and Governance of Biobanking: National, European and International Approaches (The International Library of Ethics, Law and Technology)
- 2019-06-24Affirmative Action and Racial Equity Considering the Fisher Case to Forge the Path Ahead
- 2018-11-12The Politics of Preference Democratic Institutions and Affirmative Action in the United States and I...
- 2018-09-20Affirmative Action and the University Race, Ethnicity, and Gender in Higher Education Employment
- 2018-07-21Affirmative Action and the University Race, Ethnicity, and Gender in Higher Education Employment
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Ethics, Law and Governance of Biobanking: National, European and International Approaches (The International Library of Ethics, Law and Technology) - Removed
- 2014-05-02Affirmative Action and the University: Race, Ethnicity, and Gender in Higher Education Employment
- 2013-07-29Affirmative Action and the University: A Philosophical Inquiry
- 2013-06-09Affirmative Action and the University: A Philosophical Inquiry (repost)
- 2011-05-14Affirmative Action and the University
- 2021-07-22Affirmative Action Around the World An Empirical Study
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Kosovo and the Challenge of Humanitarian Intervention: Selective Indignation, Collective Action, and International Citizenship
- 2012-01-01Pass It On - The Action Behind The Law Of Attraction
- 2009-12-09Adjudicating Climate Change: State, National, and International Approaches
- 2011-11-24BioWatch and Public Health Surveillance: Evaluating Systems for the Early Detection of Biological Threats - Removed
- 2011-11-08Improved Operational Testing and Evaluation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.