Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-06-25. By anonymous.
Publisher: RAND Corporation | 1994 | ISBN 0833015036 | PDF | 398 pages | 12.3 MB
This report examines the contributions and limitations of air power in the Persian Gulf War. The authors conclude that, for the first time in modern combat, air power was the equal partner of land and sea power, performing the "critical enabling function" that led to victory. The authors seek to moderate, however, certain claims made by airpower advocates after the war: they maintain that the war did not demonstrate that a strategic air campaign guarantees victory, but rather that air power, skillfully employed under the right conditions, can neutralize, if not completely destroy, a modern army in the field. Nor did the war display breakthroughs in weapon technology, but rather the prowess of well-trained and motivated airmen and their support crews in using maturing technology. Moreover, the authors maintain, the air war was not fought as "jointly" as many supposed. The sheer mass of available air power allowed it to be used inefficiently at times to cater to doctrinal preferences of the various services.
- Ebooks list page : 6221
- 2012-01-21Super Sabre aircraft Flight Manual F-100C - Published Under Authority Of The Secretary Of The AIR FORCE
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Storm Over Iraq: Air Power and the Gulf War
- 2012-01-29Citizen Airmen. A History of the Air Force Reserve 1946-1994
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Air Power and the Ground War in Vietnam : Ideas and Actions
- 2013-12-06The Future of Air Power: In the Aftermath of the Gulf War (repost)
- 2012-05-19B-24 Liberators of the 15th Air Force/49th Bomb Wing in World War II
- 2012-05-19The Eight Ballers: Eyes of the Fifth Air Force - Removed
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors Volume III: Insignia and Tactical Markings Of The Ninth Air Force In World War Two
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors: Insignia and Aircraft Markings of the Eighth Air Force in World War II (Volume I - Bomber Command )
- 2012-03-17Colors & Markings of the Israeli Air Force
- 2012-02-09Evaluation of U.S. Air Force Preacquisition Technology Development - Committee On Evaluation Of U.S. Air Force Preacquisition Technology Development
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2012-01-20Pre-Milestone A and Early-Phase Systems Engineering: A Retrospective Review and Benefits for Future Air Force Acquisition - Committee On Pre-Milestone A Systems Engineering: A Retrospective Review And Benefits For Future Air Force Systems Ac
- 2011-12-30Evaluation of U.S. Air Force Preacquisition Technology Development - Committee On Evaluation Of U.S. Air Force Preacquisition Technology Development
- 2011-12-24The Future of Air Power: In the Aftermath of the Gulf War
- 2011-12-09Evaluation of U.S. Air Force Preacquisition Technology Development - Committee On Evaluation Of U.S. Air Force Preacquisition Technology Development
- 2011-11-02Radio Receivers [AF Manual 100-5]
- 2011-10-29Evaluation of U.S. Air Force Preacquisition Technology Development free ebook download
- 2011-10-29Evaluation of U.S. Air Force Preacquisition Technology Development
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.